Former Grade 8 or Grade 7 (7A) referees
US Soccer has restructured referee licenses. All former Grade 9, 8, and 7 referees (including those formerly designated 7A within OHN) will be licensed as a Grassroots Referee. There are online requirements and an in person clinic. Many changes have been mandated by US Federal Law. Certification for 2020 will include:
For re-certification referees should immediately:
New assignors will need to complete an online course as well as attend a course in person. The course is held once per year in conjunction with the OYSAN Workshop in November. Persons that are appointed to assignors and need to start assigning prior to the course may get a one time waiver from the State Referee Administrator. Send and e-mail to SRA@ohnrefs.org and list the league for which you will be assigning. You will then be able to take the online portion of the course but will not be renewed for the following year unless you attend the in-class session. For persons that already have an account as a referee, assessor, or instructor you should log into your account. Choose courses on the left, then assignor courses then choose the assignor novice class. You will then see a pink box that says you must be an assignor to register for this course. At the bottom of the box you will see "click here to create a new assignor account." By clicking on that you will create a new account and once that is created you may then register for this course and take the online portion.
USSF and OHN SRC Fees for 2020
The following registration fees are set by the United States Soccer Federation and the Ohio North State Referee Committee. Local clinic fees of up to $25.00 cash may be added for new Grassroots Referee courses. These fees usually cover instructor fees, rental fees, etc and are not paid to the State Referee Committee
New Grassroots Referee $75
Grassroots Referee $65
Regional Referee) $215
Emeritus Regional Referee $95
Futsal Referee $65
Coach / Regional Instructor $75
Mentor / Grassroots Instructor $45
Coach / Regional Assessor $75
Mentor / Grassroots Assessor - Grade 7 $45
Assignor - Grassroots $30
*Please note registration fees paid cannot be refunded
10 Steps to Re-Certify
Prior to completing the re-registration steps below, you should have already created a Digital Learning Center (DLC) account using this site: https://learning.ussoccer.com. In doing so, all of your Game Officials information was imported into the new DLC and you are ready to begin the re-registration process. For those of you OVER 18 years of age, you must also complete a background check. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED WITH SOME PARTS OF THE RE-REGISTRATION PROCESS UNTIL YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK IS CLEARED. You can, however complete the Safe Sport module while you are waiting for your background check to come back which takes 4-7 days. Once you are cleared, start with Step 2. For those UNDER 18 years of age, you can start with Step 2 immediately. Follow each step exactly as it is printed.
1. Background investigation for all over 18 years of age.
2. Log into your newly created Digital Learning Center (DLC) account.
3. On the bottom right, got to "My Courses"
4. At the top, go to the "Available Courses" tab.
5. On the left, go to "Grassroots-Recertifying Referees". DO NOT SELECT THE NEW GRASSROOTS CLINIC. This is for first time referees only.
6. On this screen, select "Go to Course List" (in red at the upper right hand corner)
7. Scroll down and select an in person clinic that you would like to attend. You can choose any clinic fits your schedule.
8. Once you have selected an in-person clinic that you would like to attend, go to the "Course Details" of that clinic. In the upper right of the page in blue, go to "Proceed to Registration", fill out the form completely and in the lower right of the page, go to "Proceed to Payment".
9. Once payment has been made, go back to the "My Courses" tab. "Current and Upcoming Courses" will be displayed.
10. Select "Go to the Classroom" and click on to the "Assignments" tab. All four of the re-registration requirements will be displayed. These are:
- Safe Sport
- Safe and Health Playing Environments
- The Grassroots course
- The Grassroots quiz
By completing these 4 requirements, you will now qualify to attend the in-person clinic that you signed up for in Step 7.